Friday, May 10, 2013

Easy Fishtail Braid Tutorial

Firstly, I'm not someone who is good with hair. I rarely do anything special with mine. Right now it's a little past shoulder length so I just let it air dry and do it's thing. Haha I want to learn though. It will be easier once it's longer. Heat styling tools and I aren't a very good match. I have no clue how to operate them and I usually end up with crimped hair or freaking out cause the back isn't as straight as the front. So... haha I miss my super short cut cause it was fun and easy to style. Anyway, I recently learned how to do a fishtail braid after watching a tutorial by fromheadtotoe who is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKgY_zFNuQ&list=PLF51CB3D8C258EABB&index=2 
It was way easier than I realized. The lovely model here is my mother. Happy Mother's Day btw!

Step 1: Separate hair into two equal sections.


Step 2: Take a small piece of hair from the outer edge of one piece and cross it over the other.


Step 3: Repeat this with the other side and alternate between sides and it should start to look like this after a few crosses.


Here you can see it's developing into looking like a fishtail pattern:


It's getting longer and more braid like:


Finally here is the finished braid:


So as you can see fishtail braids are actually very simple. They are time consuming but personally I don't mind the time involved. It's way shorter than curling it with an iron. Also note that the look will vary depending on the thickness of the strands you grab. I'm glad I  learned it but it will be more fun to do for me when my hair is longer. I did a side fishtail braid today but it's not easy and so much falls out. So wish me fast hair growing luck. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment