Friday, May 10, 2013

No 7 StayPerfect Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Cappucino

I recently purchased the No 7 trio of eyeshadows here. I just loved the colors in the pan. I was super tempted to buy two of them but I stuck with one because I had never tried their shadows before, or any of their makeup for that matter.




Here are several swatches pictures in different lightings:







The highlighter is a warm golden toned highlighter with a slight satiny finish. I wasn't very impressed with how little it showed up on my eyes. The middle color is a metallic gray-violet color, very beautiful and was the color I was particularly drawn to. The third is a metallic gold-brown (I would say almost a dupe for Urban Decay's YDK without the chunky sparkles, but I don't have my YDK with me so I can't say how close. I might do a post on that later when I can compare them.) Unfortunately these are quite crumbly in texture and the fallout is bad. The payoff of the colors is decent but I wasn't all that impressed how they showed up on my eyes versus my arm. So if you love the colors you might get it but be sure to do your eye makeup before your foundation so you can clean away all the fallout. I mean to start doing it that way any time I do more than a very basic eye but I always forget. The highlighter is basically no good in my opinion but the other two are fairly nice. I was just quite disappointed with how crumbly they are and the level of fallout. So ultimately for me having payed $9.49 at Target for this guy, I wouldn't recommend it. I would however like to find a better quality dupe for the middle shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment