Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment Review w/ Swatches

I was at Fred Meyer's today (which us Northwest people affectionately refer to as 'Freddie's') with a friend picking out some stuff for her new place and naturally I was distracted by the makeup section. :) I decided to pick up a Wet n Wild palette as I've heard good things about them and they're cheap. I thought these colors looked fun and that I'd go ahead and test one and put up a review.



Here are some swatches, the first is a bit blurry, but it better shows the sparkles:





The brow bone color is a light shimmery champagne pink, the crease color is a dark brown with gold sparkles, and the eyelid color is a metallic gray-violet, quite similar to the middle color in the No 7 palette I just reviewed. However this one is slightly darker and leans a bit more purple. As you can see they are quite pigmented. I'm impressed with the highlighter, it really shows up as opposed to many highlighters in cheaper kits. I haven't tried these on my eyes yet but I definitely could see they will have fallout problems. So as with the No 7 kit, be sure to do your eye makeup before foundation. This kit has better pigmentation, more eyeshadow in the container, and is a much better value than the No 7. Overall I would recommend this as I payed $2.99 for it and for that amount, the shadows are quite impressive. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment