Monday, May 13, 2013

My First MAC Shadows, Buying Pro Pans, and a Peek at What I'll Be Reviewing Soon

I got my first MAC eye shadows, Carbon and Malt which will be good basics I imagine. I want the black to lock in my eyeliner and to define and for some dramatic/halloween looks and malt seems like a good fairly neutral base as well as an ideal color for blending out browns and such. I won't be reviewing or swatching them because there are plenty of MAC swatches and everyone's already heard raves about MAC. I will however recommend to get the pro pans online like I did. They are $12 as opposed to $15 which is still not cheap but that $3 definitely adds up and if you buy a Z palette (which I recommend looking into, I own one and plan to buy more) you can put all sizes of metal pans on the magnetic base and it has a clear lid so you can see what's in it. This way many of your colors are all in one place and you don't have to search through singles to find the one you're looking for. You can also depot your singles and put the pans in the palette, though I've never done this myself. Also MAC isn't the only place you can buy quality eyeshadows in pans, there are lots more such as Yaby and Inglot. Most top makeup artists brands have pans as an option.
   
I've just ordered certain non makeup makeup artist essentials.... Haha so I'm not going to tell the details but I will be reviewing them after I receive them and get a chance to test them out. I just think they'll be super handy and also I need them for if I plan on doing some freelance makeup artistry during college. I'm excited about it, not sure if I'll make any money though. I guess I'll need to start by doing it for free anyway. Just hopefully once I get a bit more established I can earn a few dollars. Haha we will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment