Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why You Should Go To a Lingerie Store and Get a Bra Fitting

Today is my first blog post that isn't a simple review, but it's quite relevant and something I highly recommend. It's free and you will probably learn a few things. :)
     70 to 85% of women wear the wrong bra size. You may have heard this before. This may be an exaggeration and it may not apply to you, but there is NO reason why you shouldn't march down to the nearest lingerie store and get fitted and find out. (Don't go to Victoria Secret or the like, go for one that sells multiple brands and a wide range of sizes, they will likely have people who know what they're talking about, as well as the right bra for you if you're a less common size) It's not really even awkward depending on your 'modesty' level. (And no they don't have to see you naked haha) I'm sure it varies by where it's done and the person who does it, but this is basically how it went for me: I walked in and a lady asked me if I needed help. I told her what I thought I was, a brand I wanted to try etc. She told me what she thought I was and gave me a bra to try on. She didn't have to measure me. She was obviously quite knowledgeable and she told me how a bra should fit and she fetched several bras for me to try on. I tried on one that blew my mind as far as cleavage. I am small on top, I'm a 32C (C isn't the same for 32s as it is for 34s, but I'll get to that later), so having an actual cleavage line, was pretty amazing to me. :) I had a lot of fun at the store. I didn't find anything due to not finding one that was the right size and style while still within my price range at the time, but they worked with me and were super kind and I never felt pressured to buy. In fact, with the one I almost bought (the crazy cleavage one) she gave her honest opinion that it was borderline as far as proper fitting. They are very service oriented and I will definitely be back to the store. 
     One thing most women don't understand is that cup sizes are proportionate to band sizes. An example of what this means is a 34B is the same cup size as a 32C, just with a bigger band. So when you go down a band size, you have to go up a cup size to maintain that fit and vice versa. I don't understand why this information seems to be so unknown but there you go. 
     I hope you found this post helpful. Go get fitted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment